Below are pictures of our many activities for fun, fundraising, church assistance and community help. Enjoy!
We had our annual Spelling Bee 0n Feb 10, 2023, at St. John’s. School. We had 10 participants, two from each grade 4th through 8th grade. .At round 17 two students went out tied for third place, the 2 remaining went 23 more rounds before we had a winner. We had a 4 round spell-off to decide the third place winner.
Here are the winners;
1st place Michelle Philip,
2nd place Karina Sivertsen,
3rd place Lucia Vang Nu.
Bernie Madden was chairman, Al Kalitzky was our recorder, and Jackie Madden was the pronouncer and three teachers acted as judges.
Our recent blood drive on Oct 3rd was a great success! A total 59 people scheduled and/or walked in to donate blood resulting in 53 blood pints being collected. This means up to 159 people in need of blood may benefit. We are looking for a brother knight to coordinate in the future. If interested contact Sean Conley
Each winner of a scholarship received $1000; over the years the council has given away $50,000 to help college students. The winners for 2022 are as follows:
- Victoria La Croix going from Wheaton North HS to ILL State University
- Bridget Weber going from West Chicago HS to Iowa State University
- Ryan Lyngass going from St. Francis HS to University of Kansas
- Dulce Emaly Reyes currently attending Elmhurst University
- Madison Ann Thomas currently attending College of DuPage
- Norbert Kenny Herbert going from Wheaton North HS to Loras College
- Hayden M Janavich going from So. Elgin HS to Bradley University
- Anne Otto currently attending DePaul University
Build by the KofC Council along the Winfield River Walk
Fr Chris with Winfield Police Chief David Schar, Winfield Fire Chief Steve Evans and KofC Phil Barone
Knights of Columbus Council 8002
Copyright © 2023 Knights of Columbus Council 8002 - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder